These chickpea wraps will satisfy your spicy cravings. The peanuts provide a crunchy texture and the curry sauce gives a little kick. Adding peanut butter to the curry sauce takes this sauce whole different level of flavor, a surprise element of creaminess. The end result is a protein-packed wrap of goodness and wonder. It is sweet, spicy, savory, chewy, and crunchy.
Vegan Curry Chickpea Wrap
This recipe is dairy free as well as vegan.
FOR THE WRAPS:
- 5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 large wraps, any kind
- 1 loose cup spinach or lettuce
- 3/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
FOR THE CURRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A dash of red pepper
- A dash of dried ginger
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pulse peanuts a few times in food processor (or coarsely chop). Add peanuts to the sauce mixture. Combine and set the bowl aside.
- In several batches, add the chickpeas to food processor and pulse a few times. You want most of the chickpeas broken up, but a few still left whole.
- Combine the chickpeas with sauce in the large bowl. Stir and fold until chickpeas are fully incorporated.
- Lay out the wraps. Split the spinach or lettuce up equally onto each wrap. Place a generous amount of the curried chickpea mixture on top of the spinach and then roll up the wrap. Save any leftover chickpea mixture for lunch.