These buffalo burger are lip-smacking good. These tempting tempeh creations would fool even the most devout carnivores. Really, we just did. Whip these savory burgers up for your next picnic, night of company, or for the Fam this Friday. Wow, these only take about 15 minutes and will quickly become a household favorite.
Tempting Buffalo Tempeh Burgers
This recipe is dairy free, vegan, and high protein.
For the Burgers:
- 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 10 ounces tempeh
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Onion rings or potato chips
- Barbecue sauce
To Make the Burgers:
- In a bowl, mash the kidney beans until you have a coarse mass. Dice the tempeh and add to the bowl.
- Finely dice the small onion as well as the Medjool dates. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add tamari, barbecue sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to knead the batter until all is well mixed and it holds together well.
- Form patties and heat oil in a saucepan. Fry the patties on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread some barbecue sauce on the bottom bun. Start with lettuce, then put a burger, tomato, and whatever else you like. Add more barbecue sauce and serve.