This combination sounds odd, but these tacos are stuffed like a pinata of awesomeness. Sweet Potatoes, plantains, and black beans, topped with guacamole. These terrific tacos are vegan, gluten-free and make for an excellent lunch or dinner option!
Sweet Potato, Plantain & Guac Rockin’ Tacos
This recipe is Vegan
- 12 gluten-free soft taco shells
- 2 plantains
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped (preferably red, but yellow works too)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Chop sweet potatoes into bite-size pieces and cook in boiling water over stovetop; cook black beans over stovetop in a separate pot.
- Chop plantains vertically and then horizontally into bite-size pieces and cook in a skillet with coconut oil, starting with 2 tablespoons and adding more as needed. Set plantains, beans and potatoes aside.
- Heat tortilla shells up in a skillet and cook on either side for approximately one minute or until slightly browned.
- Add potatoes, beans, and plantains to taco shells.
- For guacamole: combine avocado, chopped onion, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl. Place a spoonful of guacamole atop each taco. Add extra lime juice as needed.