This recipe was so easy that this author whipped it up last weekend on a whim. Oh my! It is so worth it. This recipe combines two staff favorites: sweet potatoes and… pizza, of course. This vegan recipe is a great way to enjoy pizza and will prove to be a staple item in your kitchen rotation. Let us know what you think!
Spicy Sweet Potato Pizza
- 15 ounces sweet potato purée
- Chili powder
- 1 batch vegan cheese sauce (recipe below)
- Your favorite crust
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- Red onions
- Herbs (optional)
FOR THE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tahini sesame paste
TO MAKE THE CHEESE SAUCE:
- After soaking the cashews in hot water for 15 minutes, drain them and transfer to a blender.
- Add vegetable broth and tahini. Process until smooth.
TO MAKE THE PIZZA:
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Roll the pizza dough and distribute the sweet potato puree on it. Top with black beans and red onions, if desired. Bake for 15 minutes.
- When done, drizzle with the vegan cheese sauce, season with hot chili powder and some herbs.