This meal has to be by far one of my favorite Italian dishes. Easy to prepare and so satisfying! Don’t take my word for it, go make it and see for yourself.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti (or your preferred pasta)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1(28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag Beyond Meat Beef Crumble
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and carrots and saute for about 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add dry Italian seasonings and crushed red pepper, if using.
- Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Next, add Beef Crumble and mix well with the veggies
- Add the cup of vegetable stock
- Stir to coat all the ingredients well, scraping the sides of the pan if needed.
- Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Next add tomato sauce, cook for two more minutes before adding the crushed tomatoes.
- As sauce begins to bubble, add in the crushed tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer while you cook pasta.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10-11 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Top with bolognese sauce, chopped fresh basil or parsley, Vegan Parmesan cheese and serve.