Cheeseburgers and mac and cheese are synonymous with comfort food. These are staple items for many carnivores, but now we herbivores can have them combined…better than ever. The meaty texture of the ground beef crumbles provide ample chomping, but it is the better than sex cheese sauce that will be a home run in your home. You may feel a tad guilty about the calories, but you will have no regrets as the recipe is completely cruelty-free.
Cheesy Mac and Cheeseburger Recipe (Vegan)
This recipe is completely vegan.
- 1 batch of better than sex cheese sauce
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 16 ounces gluten free pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce, or tamari sauce
- 1/2 of a 6-ounce can salt-free tomato paste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Make a batch of Vegan Cheese Sauce. While that’s making, boil water for the pasta and re-hydrate the TVP if you’re using it.
- Heat the oil on medium-low in a large nonstick saucepan. Add the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes and let them bloom for a minute or two. Add the textured vegetable protein and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- When the cheese sauce is done, stir it into the pan along with the liquid smoke, soy sauce, tomato paste, and almond milk. Turn the heat to low and let everything simmer until the pasta’s done. When it’s done and drained, fold it in.